Skip to content

{ Monthly Archives } September 2012

Fixing Mojibake / borked Unicode text

Here’s a problem I’ve recently hit at work. I hit the google geocode API with a couple of thousand addresses and stored the JSON results. Using the WebClient DownloadString method I didn’t think to set anything for the encoding. Browsing through the output files I see “Dorfstraße” where I’m expecting to see “Dorfstraße”. Urgh, mojibake! […]

Amazon Web Services Presentation

Well it’s been a while since I’ve updated the blog. I have been doing plenty of tinkering just need to write up a ‘catch up’ post in the next few days. In the meantime here’s a presentation I gave on Amazon Web Services for Sydney’s ALT.NET group. 0:00 Intro 0:43 Quick summary of the services […]